Thursday, October 15, 2009

Being Prepared for Rugrats!

Its natural for me to try to be prepared for any situation that might arise, I think it comes from being the eternal BIG SISTER!! When I was young, my 'bag' was a back up diaper bag for my Mothers bag....I carried extra stuff and fun stuff that would hopefully keep my baby sisters occupied when they were expected to "sit still and be quiet"... We ALL knew what that meant and I tried to help as much as I could. I would pack small toys, crayons and paper, small books etc... I still do this now when I know I am meeting a friend who has a little one that might not appreciate the quiet time we will want to enjoy together!

I have found that as an adult, my bag is still filled with emergency stuff that no one else seems to carry.... I used to be annoyed by the habit I have but now, I tend welcome it :) My boyfriend is amazed at how prepared I am for any situation that might arise, even when we were climbing the rocks on Grandfather Mountain 2 summers ago, I was attacked by little bugs that were biting me (I am prone to bug bites) and I pulled out a disposable wipe that had bug repellent in it and the bugs left me alone! As we were leaving the car to go on our walk, it was a last minute decision, I just thought I might need bug repellent so I stashed the wipes in my pocket. I am thankful that I have learned how to listen to my instincts and I have never been steered wrong yet!

It is important to be prepared, but I know many people will just count on those who are prepared (LIKE ME) instead of having the foresight to prepare as I do! This is especially important during Hurricane Season in Florida ~ I have many friends here who tell me that they will just tag along wherever I am b/c they know I will be prepared and have enough for more than just my family!

When I was in the event planning business, I had a tackle box full of 'stuff' that might be needed at an off premise event, I was the "go-to" gal for any event I worked and it made me realize just how unprepared others are! I am just thankful that I come prepard and I may even help you out one day.. you never know.......

No comments:

Post a Comment