Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Help!! My Blackberry & Laptop got wet!

I have been unfortunate to have my Blackberry & Laptop get wet in the past few weeks....Both are operating just fine ~ I wanted to share how I rescued them.
After I totally freaked out.....
First thing I did both times was Google it....I chose the best answer I thought would work for me as there are a lot of remedies out there...

The first thing you need to do is remove the battery ~ liquid does not ruin electronics, electricity does!
Dry it off and take it apart as much as possible ~ dry it off as well as you can.
   
For the laptop; I only removed the back panels that were easily accessible with a small screwdriver (make sure not to lose the screws, they are very small) I turned it over and placed it in a 'V' position upside down, I used an absorbant cloth and wiped it across the keyboard multiple times (to prevent the keys from sticking since it was gingerale that spilled) and then left it in front of a fan OVERNIGHT. the next day I had to close it up and put it in the carrying case to travel the 6 hour ride home from our trip. I put it in the same upside down position for 2 more days (I wanted it to have the best possible chance of reviving) ~When I powered it back up it worked like nothing had happened to it at all....the key is patience!
  
For the Blackberry and cell phones; remove the battery first, then remove all parts you can access safely, do not attempt to take it apart, place ALL items including the SIM card in an airtight container with WHITE RICE (brown rice does not absorb as easily) wait at least 48 hours and the phone should work just fine...again PATIENCE will pay off!

Most IMPORTANT lesson of all, keep cell phones away from water, pools, bathtubs,the lavatory, large cups of water, coffee, small children or whatever and NEVER have a drink of any kind anywhere near the laptop! I am lucky this worked out for me, I cannot guarantee your results but wanted to share mine and maybe it will work for you too...Good Luck, keep the faith and have patience!

No comments:

Post a Comment