Thursday, August 5, 2010

Photographs, Snail Mail, Memory Quilts & Baby Books....Projects waiting to happen

                                                                 GREETING CARDS & SNAIL MAIL

If you like to send snail mail even for special occasions, I find it easier to purchase a variety pack of greeting cards, when I find some I like, I buy more than one box, then I always have cards to send out, even for the expected birth of a baby, graduation or sympathy card ~ This is especially good right now since I cannot get out of the house much. Its always a good idea to keep a book of stamps on hand as well. I know not many poeple bother with handwritten letters and cards in the mail, why bother with all the technology we have? To me, there is nothing like receiving a card or letter from a loved one!
 

PHOTOGRAPH STORAGE
When storing photos in photo boxes as they wait for their place in an album or scrapbook some day....store them by year or in my case, by person ~ I have 7 younger sisters with so much memorabilia that they all need a separate box  ~ I plan to decoupage a hat box with the items from the milestones in their lives...it will make for a nice personalized and useful gift one day soon...the days of double photo prints from a camera are over, its a craft project waiting to happen!



I have SHADOW BOXES for the little things that  my rugrats held dear to their hearts once upon a time....the stuff I always found in the laundry or under the seat of the car ~ in his pockets and in her little purses ~ happy meal toys and other silly stuff, things that kept them both happy and content..one favorite is the hot wheels cinnamon toast crunch car we saved many cereal box tops for and had to mail them in, then wait  6-8 weeks for delivery...memories all around me! Sweet childhood memories!

                 T-SHIRT QUILT
You know all the t-shirts, jerseys, etc that our little boys and girls go through?? the ones that they will wear until you have to sneak it off of them after they fall asleep, wash it, then give it back to them in the morning so they don't start askng for it....My son had quite a few of these FAVORITE t-shirts so I saved them....   now I plan to have a quilt made of them.. a memory quilt from his little boy days ~ with my daughter, I saved her favorites but its not just shirts so I will have to get creative with her memory stuff from her little munchkin days.


           BABY BOOK
Should you be blessed with a bundle of joy ~ Try your best to keep up with the book, especially if it is important to you to document the first year, memories for you both to cherish when the baby is not so small any longer...Keep it out, visible & easily within reach, so you can write things down as they happen. Post it notes work great until you can write it permanently,
My first child has not only a baby book for the First 7 years & a monthly Journal for the first year, I took tons of photographs and promptly put the photos in albums. I recorded every little thing he did!
My second child came along 8 years later and I was not in a good place in my home life ~ I bought her baby book and had good intentions but circumstances kept me from any kind of normalcy so, I recorded every milestone of hers in my day timers (sometimes using post it notes) and took lots of photos, they are still in a photo box . My sister bought me a generic baby book just a few weeks ago, I can fill every page as I like, now that I am finally getting around to it...its important to me that both the kids have one, I don't want my daughter to feel left out in that department when I know its something I can easily fix!
With technology like it is today the video diaries and blogs keep track of all of the milestones and the templates are even free....how easy is that?!? and it can be shared right away with loved ones who want to be included..what a blessing that is!
Preserving the Memories of our life with Projects like this makes me happy =)

No comments:

Post a Comment